*As of March 24, 2016 the reciprocity fee has been removed. I lost out on $160, hurray. Details here.*
When traveling to Argentina, regardless of port of entry, a VISA is required. This is not a traditional visa process, such as submitting your passport and information through a local consulate/embassy, rather a simple online reciprocity form. The current cost is $160.00USD. If you do not go through the website below (the official Argentinian website) then other companies will require a “service” fee for $30+. Do not waste your money, its easy following below.
- Register at http://www.provinciapagos.com.ar and obtain an entry code.
- Complete the form including personal and credit card details . This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
- After payment is processed, print the receipt.
- Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
- The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated to enable entry to Argentina.
Once done, you will go to a ‘MY FORMS’ link where you can print out your documentation. Print it and have it on hand for anytime you cross the border and throughout the country.